What we’ve been working on:
- Religion: the Liturgical Year and Ordinary Time
- Math: reviewed place, value, compare & order numbers & rounding to tens and hundreds & adding larger numbers
- Spelling/Phonics: long i spellings
- Language Arts: plural nouns
- Social Studies: landforms
- Science: types of animals
The children did such an amazing job in their SLE Presentation today. I am so proud!
We will be attending Rosary this Thursday at 9:00 AM with our school families. Please join us if you can! The children will be sitting with their school families, but you can sit on the sides or behind the school families.
We will be attending the Second Grade’s All Saints Day Pageant on Friday, October 30th at 9AM in the church. Join us if you can!
To celebrate our school, we will be having a Fall Festival on Sunday, November 1st. I would like to point out that this is not the same as the parish’s Fall Fiesta. This event is an Open House where you can come see what your children have been up to. There will be fun activities in each room. I hope to see you there! Click here for more information. A big thank you to the Jaurgeui, Prieto, Nash, and Favela Families for donating the supplies for the third grade classroom. If you can volunteer your time, we still need volunteers in our classroom towards the end of the festival. You can sign up here: Volunteer Sign-Up.
In technology class, the students are working on typing skills. To help your child improve in this area, we ask that you remind your child to focus on proper hand placement. In third grade, the goal is to move away from “chicken pecking” the keys and to use proper hands and fingers when typing. If your child uses your computer at home, please keep an eye on this.
- Math Facts Quiz on Wednesday
- Science Chapter 2A Test on Thursday
- Religion Chapter 8 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 10/28: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 10/29: Rosary at 9AM
- Friday, 10/30: All Saints Day Pageant at 9AM
- Sunday, 11/1: School Fall Festival/Open House at 10AM
- Monday, 11/2: End of First Quarter
- Wednesday, 11/4: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 11/6: 12PM Dismissal
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as for the Lord.” – Colossians 3:23
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.