Updated: Tuesday, 10/20 at 9:45 AM.
What we’ve been working on:
- IOWA Assessments
- Religion: Jesus gives us the Church
- Math: reviewed place, value, compare & order numbers & rounding to tens and hundreds
- Language Arts: reviewed sentences and nouns
- Science: types of animals
Book Orders are due on Monday. Please see the previous post which explains how to order. I only accept online orders.
Picture Orders were due today. If you did not turn your child’s in, please turn them in to me by Monday. They are property of Sumner Photography, and they will be coming by on Tuesday to pick up the proofs. If you placed your order online, just e-mail me, and you can keep your proofs.
Progress Reports were due two weeks ago. If you haven’t already done so, please visit Gradelink, print your child’s grades out, sign the printout, and return it to me by Monday. If you are having printer issues, please write out the grades on a piece of paper and sign the paper. Report cards will be held and conferences cannot be scheduled until I receive your progress report. If you need help, just let me know.
We will be attending Rosary this Thursday at 9:00 AM with our school families. Please join us if you can! The children will be sitting with their school families, but you can sit on the sides or behind the school families.
Students may wear their Team Day shirts with jean pants on Thursday since we have a Team Day activity with our School Families.
To celebrate our school, we will be having a Fall Festival on Sunday, November 1st. I would like to point out that this is not the same as the parish’s Fall Fiesta. This event is an Open House where you can come see what your children have been up to. There will be fun activities in each room. I hope to see you there! Click here for more information. If you would like to donate an item, you can sign up for something here: 3rd Grade Donation Items. If you would like to volunteer your time, you can sign up here: Volunteer Sign-Up.
In technology class, Mr. Martin is working on typing skills. To help your child improve in this area, we ask that you remind your child to focus on proper hand placement. In third grade, the goal is to move away from “chicken pecking” the keys and to use proper hands and fingers when typing. If your child uses your computer at home, please keep an eye on this.
- Math Chapter 1 Test on Wednesday
- Science Chapter 2A Test on Thursday *MOVED to next Thursday, 10/29*
- Religion Chapter 6 & 7 (Seasonal Chapters) Test on Friday
- Spelling Unit 1.5 Test on Friday
- Reading/Language Arts Unit 1.5 Test on Friday
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 10/21: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniform)
- Thursday, 10/22: Rosary at 9AM with School Families
- Thursday, 10/22: Team Day (may wear team shirts and jeans)
- Wednesday, 10/28: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 10/29: Rosary at 9AM
- Friday, 10/30: All Saints Day Pageant at 9AM
- Sunday, 11/1: School Fall Festival/Open House at 10AM
- Monday, 11/2: End of First Quarter
- Wednesday, 11/4: Mass at 8AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 11/6: 12PM Dismissal
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, present your request to God.” Philippians 4:6
Please join us for the Gala! It will be on February 6th. Click here for the ticket order form.