This week we have Parent/Teacher Conferences. I look forward to meeting with all of you to discuss your children. As a result, we will have three 12:00 PM dismissal days next week. The minimum days are on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Please plan for your child accordingly. If you haven’t already scheduled a conference with me, please e-mail me to set up a time to visit. If the times available do not work, I have an alternate schedule set up (See PTG Meeting post below).
In honor of Veterans Day, we will have a Veterans Day Assembly at 9:00 AM on Monday in the hall. The third grade is singing “God Bless the U.S.A” by Lee Greenwood. We have been practicing and we are very excited!
This week’s tests:
- Math Facts Quiz on x5 On Wednesday
- Religion Chapter 9 Test on Thursday
- Spelling Test on List 9 on Friday
What we are learning:
- Religion: King David (Ch. 8)
- Math: subtraction with and without regrouping and subtracting across zeros.
- Science: ecosystems (Ch. 3A)
- Social Studies: Native Americans (Ch. 3)
- Phonics: blends and digraphs (Unit 3)
- Spelling: spell words with long vowel sounds and add -ed to verbs (List 9)
- Reading: making inferences
- English: nouns (Ch. 6)
- Writing: single paragraphs with 5 sentences
Have a great weekend!
- Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/stmesc3
- Math Facts Practice: http://www.math-drills.com/multiplication.shtml