I hope you all had a fun Halloween. The children were so well behaved yesterday, and I hope they had fun at our little Halloween party. Today, the second graders put on a wonderful All Saints Day Pageant. We can tell they practiced hard.
This week’s tests:
- Math Test on Addition with and without regrouping on Wednesday.
- Social Studies Test on Chapter 2 on Thursday.
- Religion Test on Chapter 8 on Thursday
- Spelling Test on List 8 on Friday
What we are learning:
- Religion: King David (Ch. 8)
- Math: reviewing addition (Ch. 2) and beginning subtraction (Ch. 3)
- Science: ecosystems (Ch. 3A)
- Social Studies: reviewing lanforms, geography, etc. (Ch. 2)
- Phonics: blends and digraphs (Unit 3)
- Spelling: verbs that end with -ing and -ed & spell irregular past tense verbs (List 8)
- Reading: making inferences
- English: nouns (Ch. 6)
- Writing: single paragraphs with 5 sentences
Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
- Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/stmesc3
- Math Facts Practice: http://www.math-drills.com/multiplication.shtml