Happy Mother’s Day to all our mothers! I hope you have a wonderful day!
It is around this time that students start to realize that summer is quickly approaching. Behavior tends to begin to slip which negatively impacts their behavior and learning skills grades. Please remind your child to stay focused for these last 5 weeks.
This week’s tests:
- Religion Chapter 29 Test on Thursday
- English Chapter 20 Test on Thursday
- Spelling Test on List 29 on Friday
- x8 and x9 Facts Test on Friday
What we are learning:
- Mary (Ch. 29)
- Math: x10-11 & fractions (Ch. 12)
- Science: light (Ch. 4C)
- Social Studies: national government, American symbols & why we work with other nations (Ch. 8)
- Phonics: synonyms, antonyms & homonyms (Unit 7)
- Spelling: homophones & long vowel sounds (List 28)
- Reading: story elements
- English: capitalization (Ch. 20)
- Writing: thank you cards
Spelling Dictation Sentences:
- Our mother wrote her letter on a piece of pretty paper.
- We must wait an hour for the bus that goes to their house.
- Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/stmesc3
- Math Facts Practice: http://www.math-drills.com/multiplication.shtml