Report cards went home on Friday. You do not need to return the report card itself, but the envelope is due to me signed on Monday, February 11th.
Our auction, Denim and Diamonds, is tomorrow, Saturday, February 9th. I hope to see you there!
Lent begins with Ash Wednesday on Wednesday the 13th. We will be attending Mass since it’s a Holy Day of Obligation. Students are expected to be at Mass at 8:00 AM in their formal uniforms.
Because it is during Lent, we will not be having a big Valentine’s Day party. We will exchange Valentines, though, on Thursday, February 14th. Children may bring in Valentines if they like so long as they bring one for every student in the class. It is optional. I ask that students only write on the from line (and not personalize each one) to make passing out Valentines easier. If your child insists on personalizing them, that is okay.
I go on maternity leave after this week. Friday the 15th is my last day. I will miss your children, but I will be back to finish out the year! Mrs. Solomon will take my place while I am gone. You can contact her by stopping in or by e-mailing her at my e-mail address, . She will have access to my e-mail.
This week’s tests:
- English Chapter 7 Test on Pronouns on Wednesday
- Social Studies Chapter 5 Test on Thursday
- Religion Chapter 18 Test on Thursday
- Spelling Test on List 18 on Friday
- Religion: the Last Supper (Ch. 18)
- Math: long multiplication (Ch. 10)
- Science: physical properties of matter (Ch. 1C)
- Social Studies: St. Louis & transportation and communication in 1800’s (Ch. 5)
- Phonics: vowel pairs & vowel digraphs (Unit 5)
- Spelling: spell words with long vowel sounds (List 18)
- Reading: prediction
- English: pronouns (Ch. 7)
- Writing: descriptive paragraphs
- Did her pet rabbit have those tiny white babies?
- She raised the flag over her head.
- Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/stmesc3
- Math Facts Practice: http://www.math-drills.com/multiplication.shtml
- Gradelink: https://secure.gradelink.com/lkg/templates/Gradelink.xml?contenttype=text%2Fhtml