Update: Oops! I had this titled “Week of 1/4” all week. I hope you understood that I meant 2/4.
We had so much fun on our field trip last Thursday. The children’s reflections about the trip itself make me so happy. They were very well-behaved and attentive throughout the entire show.
The quarter ended on Thursday. Gradelink will be closed for the next week or so. Report cards will go home on Friday. You do not need to return the report card itself, but the envelope is due to me signed on Monday, February 11th.
Our auction, Denim and Diamonds, is this Saturday, February 9th, and I hope to see all of you there! As a reminder, we have an auction basket that needs to be filled. The theme is grilling. Please check the e-mail Mrs. Preston sent about it and contribute in any way that you can. I was lucky enough to receive a SMART Board (interactive whiteboard) as a result of last year’s auction money, so your donations really help our school and your child’s learning.
Because it is during Lent, we will not be having a big Valentine’s Day party. We will exchange Valentines, though. Children may bring in Valentines if they like so long as they bring one for every student in the class. It is optional. I ask that students only write on the from line (and not personalize each one) to make passing out Valentines easier. If your child insists on personalizing them, that is okay.
This week’s tests:
- Science Chapter 2B Test on Thursday
- Religion Chapter 17 Test on Thursday
- Spelling Test on List 17 on Friday
- Vocab Unit 6 Test on Friday
- Religion: Jesus in his later years, miracles He performed, and parables he told(Ch. 17)
- Math: long multiplication (Ch. 10)
- Science: the solar system (Ch. 2B)
- Social Studies: transportation and communication in 1800s (Ch. 5)
- Phonics: vowel pairs & vowel digraphs (Unit 5)
- Spelling: spell words with vowel digraphs ow and ou (List 17)
- Reading: summarize & cause and effect
- English: pronouns (Ch. 7)
- Writing: descriptive paragraphs
- You should follow that group to the old house.
- My cousin ran around town until she found her dog.
- Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/stmesc3
- Math Facts Practice: http://www.math-drills.com/multiplication.shtml
- Gradelink: https://secure.gradelink.com/lkg/templates/Gradelink.xml?contenttype=text%2Fhtml