Our field trip to the planetarium in this Thursday. We will be gone from 9:15 AM – 12:00 PM. If you volunteered to chaperone, please arrive no later than 9:00 AM.
This week is Catholic Schools’ Week. It started on Sunday with Open House. Monday is Staff Appreciation Day. Tuesday is Student Appreciation Day. Wednesday is Grandparents’ Day (Click here for more detailed information). Thursday is Career Day put on by the 8th Graders. Friday is Parent Appreciation Day (Click here for more detailed information).
Our auction, Denim and Diamonds, is coming up. It is on Saturday, February 9th, and I hope to see all of you there! As a reminder, we have an auction basket that needs to be filled. The theme is grilling. Please check the e-mail Mrs. Preston sent about it and contribute in any way that you can. I was lucky enough to receive a SMART Board (interactive whiteboard) as a result of last year’s auction money, so your donations really help our school and your child’s learning.
You can sign up for karate class here at St. Mary School on Wednesdays still. Sign ups are due no later than Wednesday. Click the link to download the form. St. Mary Karate Flyer 2013
This week’s tests:
- Religion Chapter 16 Test on Thursday
- Spelling Test on List 16 on Friday
- Religion: Jesus early years, Baptism & the Holy Family (Ch. 16)
- Math: long multiplication (Ch. 10)
- Science: the solar system (Ch. 2B)
- Social Studies: transportation and communication in 1800s (Ch. 5)
- Phonics: vowel pairs & vowel digraphs (Unit 5)
- Spelling: spell contractions (List 16)
- Reading: recall important information
- English: pronouns (Ch. 7)
- Writing: descriptive paragraphs
- I’m sure we’re going where they’re going.
- The clock doesn’t work, so they’re always late.
- Spelling City: http://www.spellingcity.com/stmesc3
- Math Facts Practice: http://www.math-drills.com/multiplication.shtml
- Gradelink: https://secure.gradelink.com/lkg/templates/Gradelink.xml?contenttype=text%2Fhtml