“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
Religion: Unit 3 Review
Language Arts: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
This week we will begin week 3 of our novel study. Students will:
- examine the story elements associated with fiction texts.
- use details provided by the author to visualize the setting and create a map.
- develop a prediction about future events based on reading and support prediction with text evidence.
Click here for Week 3 Vocabulary.
Spelling homework and words for The Secret Garden Week 3 can be accessed here.
Math Groups A and B: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Topic C: Fraction Comparison
- Reason using benchmarks to compare two fractions on the number line.
- Find common units or number of units to compare two fractions.
Math Group C: Module 5 Fraction Equivalence, Ordering, and Operations
Topic D: Fraction Addition and Subtraction
- Add and subtract more than two fractions.
- Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions.
- Use visual models to add two fractions with related units using the denominators 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, and 12.
We will continue with multiplication and division timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
4th Grade Mission Project
- Project (completed at home)
- Project, due 3/15
- Presentation (practiced at home, presented in class)
- Week of 3/18
Pilot Module 2 Saint Junípero Serra and the Mission Era
The Future of California is in Your Hands: Catholic Social Teaching in Action
- Understand the Catholic Social Teaching on Solidarity
- Name people who have worked to heal the Native Indian population
- Name how people can bring about healing and hope to the people of California
Science: Energy Transfer and Electric Currents
- Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
3/12 Tuesday: P.E.
3/13 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), 12noon Dismissal
3/14 Thursday: Team Day(wear any team shirt with jeans), Religion Unit 3 Open Book Test
3/15 Friday: Mission Project due, Secret Garden Week 3 Spelling and Comprehension Test, P.E.
If you would like to donate to our classroom, please visit our 4th Grade Wish List.