Religion: Chapter 15
In Chapter 12, the students learned about the celebration of the Mass. In this chapter, they will learn that the Fourth Commandment teaches us to respect and honor our parents, guardians, and all people in authority.
Language Arts: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell Novel Study
- identify cause and effect relationships in the chapter.
- evaluate character choices based on the events of the story.
- identify the main idea of the selection.
- evaluate a statement to determine the accuracy.
- identify evidence to support character traits.
Vocabulary Words: rites, forbade, omen, brackish, quarreled
Spelling Week 2 Words and Activity
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
We will continue with multiplication timed tests. Please practice your math facts at home every night. Click here for a great practice sheet! To see the testing order, please refer to the recording chart in your child’s planner.
Topic H: Multiplication of Two-Digit by Two-Digit Numbers
- Multiply two-digit multiples of 10 by two-digit numbers using a place value chart.
- Multiply two-digit multiples of 10 by two-digit numbers using the area model.
- Multiply two-digit by two-digit numbers using four partial products.
- Transition from four partial products to the standard algorithm for two-digit by two-digit multiplication.
Pilot Module 2 Saint Junípero Serra and the Mission Era
Junipero Serra: “Heart on Fire”
- Describe the missionary zeal of Father Junipero Serra
- Know the timeline of Father Serra’ Life
- Explain why Father Serra built the first Missions
- Describe the skills of an effective Missionary
- Explain why Father Serra was canonized a saint
Science: Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources
- Obtain and combine information to describe that energy and fuels are derived from natural resources and their uses affect the environment.
1/21 Monday: No School
1/22 Tuesday: P.E.
1/23 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), Progress Reports available online (Please wait to print until this day.)
1/25 Friday: Progress Reports due, Religion Chapter 15 Test, Spelling Week 2 Test, Island of the Blue Dolphins Week 2 Quiz, P.E.