Happy New Year! School resumes on Monday, January 7th. Break seemed to go by fast, but I am excited to be back! Hot lunch orders are due no later than Monday, January 7th. There will be no exceptions, so don’t forget! 🙂 Hot lunch forms can be printed from our school website.
This week’s tests:
- Religion Chapter 13 Test on Thursday
- Science Chapter 1B Test on Thursday Science Ch. 1B Study Guide
- Spelling Test on List 13 on Friday
- Vocabulary Test on Unit 4 on Friday
What we are learning:
- Religion: Sacrament of Penance & importance of asking for forgiveness and forgiving others (Ch. 13)
- Math: division concepts (Ch. 5) & more multiplication and division basic facts (Ch. 6)
- Science: review water on Earth, phases of the moon, causes of eclipses, and causes of the season (Ch. 1B)
- Social Studies: U.S. Explorers (Ch. 4)
- Phonics: endings for base words (Unit 4)
- Spelling: spell words with the long e and long i sounds spelled y, spell plural forms of words by adding -s, -es, or –ies, & spell past tense of words by changing y to i and adding –ed (List 13)
- Reading: compare & contrast
- English: review nouns (Ch. 6)
- Writing: single paragraphs with 5 sentences
Spelling Dictation Sentences:
- The ladies cried when the story was finally over.
- My family gave me toys and shoes as a surprise.