“I pray that God, who gives hope, will bless you with complete happiness and peace because of your faith. And may the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope.” Romans 15:13
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful break with your families. During this Thanksgiving season, I am especially grateful for each of you!
A look at next week:
Religion: Chapter 10
In Chapter 9, the students learned about ways we follow the First Commandment. In this chapter, the students will learn that we follow the Second Commandment by respecting and honoring the name of God.
Language Arts: Please use the following link to view next week’s focus wall.
4th Grade Weekly Spelling Homework (The spelling words can be found by clicking on the Lesson link above.)
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division Assessment
Topic E: Division of Tens and Ones with Successive Remainders
- Understand and solve division problems with a remainder using the array and area models.
- Understand and solve two-digit dividend division problems with a remainder in the ones place by using place value disks.
- Represent and solve division problems requiring decomposing a remainder in the tens.
- Find whole number quotients and remainders.
- Explain remainders by using place value understanding and models.
- Solve division problems without remainders using the area model.
- Solve division problems with remainders using the area model.
Social Studies: Pilot Module: California Native Peoples & Missions
- encounter Native perspectives through images, stories, direct quotes, and videos.
- learn about how Saint Junípero Serra expressed love for God and love for neighbor by respecting the dignity of Native Peoples and protecting the sacred work of the missions.
- explore what it means to be a Catholic follower of Jesus in our world today and prayer experiences are included in each lesson.
Science: Using Stored Energy
- Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
- Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
11/26 Monday: School resumes
11/27 Tuesday: P.E.
11/28 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required)
11/30 Friday: Spelling/Journeys Lesson 2.9 Test, Religion Ch. 10 Test