“I ask only one thing from the Lord. This is what I want: Let me live in the Lord’s house all of my life. Let me see the Lord’s beauty. Let me look around in his Temple.” Psalm 27:4
A look at next week:
Religion: Chapter 8 Learning about God’s Law
In this chapter, students will learn about God’s covenant with Moses and the Israelites, the promise God kept by sending his Son, and Jesus’ teaching about God’s Law.
Language Arts: This week we will continue with Lesson 2.7 in Journeys.
No Spelling Homework this week.
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
- Connect the area model and the partial products method to the standard algorithm.
- Solve two-step word problems, including multiplicative comparison.
- Use multiplication, addition, or subtraction to solve multi-step word problems.
Social Studies: Pilot Module: California Native Peoples & Missions
- encounter Native perspectives through images, stories, direct quotes, and videos.
- learn about how Saint Junípero Serra expressed love for God and love for neighbor by respecting the dignity of Native Peoples and protecting the sacred work of the missions.
- explore what it means to be a Catholic follower of Jesus in our world today and prayer experiences are included in each lesson.
Science: Transfer of Energy in Collision
- Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- Ask questions and predict outcomes about the changes in energy that occur when objects collide.
11/5 Monday: 12noon Dismissal, Parent Teacher Conferences
11/6 Tuesday: P.E., 12noon Dismissal, Parent Teacher Conferences
11/7 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), 12noon Dismissal, Parent Teacher Conferences
11/9 Friday: Journeys Lesson 2.7 Test, Religion Ch. 8 Test