We continue practicing reading sentences with the use of pictures and our high frequency words. This week the students brought home two books with the sight word a in them. Please encourage the children to read those books to you through out the week. It is great practice for them.
Thank you to the parent volunteers that sit with our class at Mass on Wednesday mornings. I appreciate the help. Please remember that you are there to help the children maintain appropriate Mass behavior and that all the children need to be treated the equally. We need to assure this for fairness to all the students that their parents are not present. It is not always possible for you to sit near your child as it is necessary for me to spread the parent volunteers out as necessary. The children are not instructed to hold hands during the Our Father prayer. They have been instructed to hold their hands out in prayer, but it is not required to hold the hand of the person next to them. When I get up to help with the gifts and to receive Holy Communion please help keep the students quiet and facing the altar.
The students have been doing a great job unpacking themselves every morning. Thank you parents for helping them learn this skill. They can put their snack and water bottle on the top shelf of the cart next to the home folder bin. This way they can take it easily into the classroom and place it in their cubby. Their lunch box can go on the middle or bottom shelf of the cart.
The students have been enjoying share time. The share schedule below will be the same throughout the end of the year.
*Reminder that the Super Star Student of the week can bring something to share each day of the week.
Monday: Abigail, Andrew, Brayden, Christian, Elise
Tuesday: Eva, Jalynn, John C., Kyle, Liam
Wednesday: Martha, Moises, Agnes, Anthony, Cassy
Thursday: Dayvin, Emmett, Frank, Jayln, John M.
Friday: Lia, Lorenzo, Mia and Zach
**I will have a bin outside the classroom for the share items in the morning. Please only have your child bring an item to share on their scheduled day (except when student is Super Star Student). If they forget, they are not to bring something the next day, but instead they will wait until their next scheduled share day. Thank you for your help with this. The children may share books, gifts, and stories. Weapons and other such items may not be brought to school. Likewise, fragile items should not be sent to school.
Super Star Student- I will go in alphabetical order by first name. The student that is Super Star Student for the week will bring in a small photo album with 10-15 pages. You may wish to include pictures and a description of your child’s likes/dislikes, favorite vacations, special events, thing he/she enjoys doing, etc. We will read from this book every day that your child is Super Star. Being Super Star also means being line leader, prayer leader, and calendar leader. The Super Star may share every day during his/her week, not just on his or her assigned share day.
Super Star Students for October/November:
October 29th- November 2nd: Brayden
November 5th-9th: Cassy
November 12th-16th: Christian
November 26th-30th: Dayvin
Please read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. Please keep the reading log in their home folder on the “return to school” side. I will be checking for completion each morning, and stamping the log to track whether or not the assignment was done each night. This way, I can assign an accurate grade for the reading log. I will collect the reading logs each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God Helps Us to Discover and All Saints Day
- Math: Continue to Sort by Count 4-10 objects in linear, circular and scattered configurations, order and match numerals 1-10 and count down from 10-1
- Reading: Shapes All Around, We Like Tam, Kites in Flights, Find the Shapes, I Like Sam
- Language Arts: Essential Question- What shapes do you see around you?
- Grammar: Verbs and Shape Words
- Phonics: Letter Tt , High Frequency Words: like ,a, we, the, I, can, see, at, am
- Social Studies: What is History? and Time
- Science: Continue Plant Needs (Life cycle of the pumpkin)
Dates and Reminder:
- Thursday, 11/1: All Saints Day- Mass at 8:00 AM- Students must wear Mass uniform.
- Friday, 11/2: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM
- Friday, 11/2: Grandparent’s Day 9 AM-12 PM
- Monday, 11/5- Wedensday, 11/7: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM-Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, 11/9: Father Daughter Dance 6 PM
- Monday, 11/19- Friday, 11/23: No School-Thanksgiving Break