We continue practicing reading sentences with the use of pictures and our high frequency words. This week the students brought home two books with the sight word see in them. Please encourage the children to read those books to you through out the week. It is great practice for them.
Thank you for a great first field trip to Bates Nut Farm!
This week, is Red Ribbon Week! The students are able to dress to a theme most days of the week. Please see the flyer that was sent home with you child on Friday.
Monday 10/22-Sock Out Drugs!- Students may wear fun socks with their PE uniform and PE shoes.
Tuesday 10/23-National Disabilities Awareness Day- Students will wear regular school uniform and will be given a white ribbon to wear.
Wednesday 10/24-Tie Down Drugs- Students can bring a tie and wear it after Mass. They must wear Mass uniform.
Thursday 10/25– Throwback Thursday-Students may dress from their favorite era (ex. 50’s, 60’s, 70’s)
Friday 10/26– Red Shirt and Jeans
The students have been doing a great job unpacking themselves every morning. Thank you parents for helping them learn this skill. They can put their snack and water bottle on the top shelf of the cart next to the home folder bin. This way they can take it easily into the classroom and place it in their cubby. Their lunch box can go on the middle or bottom shelf of the cart.
The students have been enjoying share time. The share schedule below will be the same throughout the end of the year.
*Reminder that the Super Star Student of the week can bring something to share each day of the week.
Monday: Abigail, Andrew, Brayden, Christian, Elise
Tuesday: Eva, Jalynn, John C., Kyle, Liam
Wednesday: Martha, Moises, Agnes, Anthony, Cassy
Thursday: Dayvin, Emmett, Frank, Jayln, John M.
Friday: Lia, Lorenzo, Mia and Zach
**I will have a bin outside the classroom for the share items in the morning. Please only have your child bring an item to share on their scheduled day (except when student is Super Star Student). If they forget, they are not to bring something the next day, but instead they will wait until their next scheduled share day. Thank you for your help with this. The children may share books, gifts, and stories. Weapons and other such items may not be brought to school. Likewise, fragile items should not be sent to school.
Super Star Student- I will go in alphabetical order by first name. The student that is Super Star Student for the week will bring in a small photo album with 10-15 pages. You may wish to include pictures and a description of your child’s likes/dislikes, favorite vacations, special events, thing he/she enjoys doing, etc. We will read from this book every day that your child is Super Star. Being Super Star also means being line leader, prayer leader, and calendar leader. The Super Star may share every day during his/her week, not just on his or her assigned share day.
Super Star Students for October/November:
October 22nd-26th: Anthony
October 29th- November 2nd: Brayden
November 5th-9th: Cassy
November 12th-16th: Christian
Please read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. Please keep the reading log in their home folder on the “return to school” side. I will be checking for completion each morning, and stamping the log to track whether or not the assignment was done each night. This way, I can assign an accurate grade for the reading log. I will collect the reading logs each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue Ordinary Time
- Math: Sort by Count, Count 4-6 and 7-10 objects in linear, circular and scattered configurations
- Reading: The Handiest Things in the World, Pam Can See, Timimoto, Discover With Tools, We Can See
- Language Arts: Essential Question- How can tools help us to explore?
- Grammar: Verbs and Color Words
- Phonics: Letter P, High Frequency Words: a, we, the, I, can, see, at, am
- Social Studies: What is History? and Time
- Science: Finish Animal Needs and Continue Plant Needs (Life cycle of the pumpkin)
Dates and Reminder:
- Friday, 10/19: No School- Teacher Professional Development
- Thursday, 10/25: Dinner Night Out Fundraiser at Chipotle
- Monday, 10/29- Friday, 11/2: Red Ribbon Week
- Thursday, 11/1: All Saints Day
- Friday, 11/2: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM
- Friday, 11/2: Grandparent’s Day
- Monday, 11/5- Wedensday, 11/7: Half Day, Dismissal at 12 PM-Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, 11/9: Father Daughter Dance 6 PM