“You have shown me the path to life, and you make me glad by being near to me. Sitting at your right side, I will always be joyful.” -Psalm 16:11
A look at next week:
Religion: Chapter 6 The Liturgical Year and Chapter 7 Ordinary Time
This week’s assessment will cover both chapters.
Language Arts: Please use the following link to view next week’s focus wall.
This week’s spelling list will be the same as last week. We will have modified spelling homework. The spelling homework will go home on Monday.
Math: Module 3 Multi-Digit Multiplication and Division
- Interpret and represent patterns when multiplying by 10, 100, and 1,000 in arrays and numerically.
- Multiply multiples of 10, 100, and 1,000 by single digits, recognizing patterns.
- Multiply two-digit multiples of 10 by two-digit multiples of 10 with the area model.
Social Studies: I am really excited that our class has been selected to pilot the eLearning interactive curriculum California Native Peoples & Missions, which is based on California History-Social Science Framework, “California: A Changing State.”
- encounter Native perspectives through images, stories, direct quotes, and videos.
- learn about how Saint Junípero Serra expressed love for God and love for neighbor by respecting the dignity of Native Peoples and protecting the sacred work of the missions.
- explore what it means to be a Catholic follower of Jesus in our world today and prayer experiences are included in each lesson.
Science: Transfer of Energy in Collision
- Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- Ask questions and predict outcomes about the changes in energy that occur when objects collide.
Red Ribbon Week
10/22 Monday: Sock Out Drugs (wear fun socks)
10/23 Tuesday: National Disabilities Awareness Day (white ribbons), P.E.
10/24 Wednesday: 8am Mass (formal uniform required), Tie Down Drugs (wear ties after Mass)
10/25 Thursday: Throwback Thursday (dress in favorite era clothing), Journeys 2.6 Assessment, Chipotle Dinner Night Out
10/26 Friday: Red Shirts with Jeans, Religion Ch. 6 and 7 Test, Spelling 2.6 Test, P.E., Rosary 2:15pm