We have been practicing reading sentences with the use of pictures and our high frequency words. Ask them to read you their two “I can” books, this weekend!
We had a great first week of sharing. The share schedule below will be the same through the end of the year.
Monday: Abigail, Andrew, Brayden, Christian, Elise
Tuesday: Eva, Jalynn, John C., Kyle, Liam
Wednesday: Martha, Moises, Agnes, Anthony, Cassy
Thursday: Dayvin, Emmett, Frank, Jayln, John M.
Friday: Lia, Lorenzo, Mia and Zach
**I will have a bin outside the classroom for the share items in the morning. Please only have your child bring an item to share on their scheduled day (except when student is Super Star Student). If they forget, they are not to bring something the next day, but instead they will wait until their next scheduled share day. Thank you for your help with this. The children may share books, gifts, and stories. Weapons and other such items may not be brought to school. Likewise, fragile items should not be sent to school.
Super Star Student will begin the first week of October. I will go in alphabetical order by first name. The student that is Super Star Student for the week will bring in a small photo album with 10-15 pages. You may wish to include pictures and a description of your child’s likes/dislikes, favorite vacations, special events, thing he/she enjoys doing, etc. We will read from this book every day that your child is Super Star. Being Super Star also means being line leader, prayer leader, and calendar leader. The Super Star may share every day during his/her week, not just on his or her assigned share day.
Super Star Students for October:
October 1-5th: Abigail
October 8-12th: Agnes
October 15-19th: Andrew
October 22nd-26th: Anthony
October 29th- November 2nd: Brayden
Our first field trip to Bates Nut Farm will be Tuesday, October 16th. The permission forms and more info to follow soon!
Please allow your children to unpack themselves every morning. I know it is faster as a parent to do it for them, but this is a skill they are working on. They can put their snack and water bottle on the top shelf of the cart next to the home folder bin. This way they can take it easily into the classroom and place it in their cubby. Their lunch box can go on the middle or bottom shelf of the cart.
Please read at least 15 minutes every night with your child and fill out the reading log. Please keep the reading log in their home folder on the “return to school” side. I will be checking for completion each morning, and stamping the log to track whether or not the assignment was done each night. This way, I can assign an accurate grade for the reading log. I will collect the reading logs each week on Friday. A new log will be sent home every Monday.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God Made Us
- Math: Model decomposition of 3 with materials, drawings and expressions and Order and write numerals 0-5
- Reading: What About Bear?, The Lion and the Mouse, How to be a Friend, Can I?
- Language Arts: Essential Question-How can we ?
- Grammar: Feeling Words and Naming Words (Nouns)
- Phonics: Letter M Recognition and Sound High Frequency Word: the, I, can
- Social Studies: Our Rights
- Science: Animal Needs and Plant Needs (Life cycle of the pumpkin)
Dates and Reminder:
- Friday, 10/5: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM
- Saturday, 10/6-10/7: Parish Fall Fiesta
- Sunday, 10/7: 7th Grade led Mass at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, 10/7: School Performance at Fall Fiesta 12:00 PM– Kindergarteners to arrive no later than 11:40.
- Monday, 10/8: No School-Columbus Day
- Wednesday, 10/10: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM- Teacher Professional Development