Another fun-filled and educational week in first grade has concluded! Your students learned so much about the areas of the world our families moved from long ago, and the modes of travel people employed long ago. To continue our exploration of the various parts of animals and their habitats, everyone excitedly participated in a “Zoo Trip”, featuring an imaginative tour of our very own school. We continued to practice the use of adjectives to describe nouns through both oral discussion and daily journaling.
Next week we will cover . . .
Religion: Jesus Teaches Us About God’s Love
- Development of addition fluency within 10.
- Subtraction as an Unknown Addend Problem.
Reading and Language Arts: “Jack and the Wolf”
- Target Skill: Understanding Characters
- Target Strategy: Summarize
- Spelling Words with Short /a/: an, bad, can, had, cat, ran
- Grammar: Complete Sentences
Social Studies: Our Earth
- Geography Connection: The Pacific Ocean
Science: Parts of Animals
- Use materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants and/or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs.
Dates and Reminders:
- Friday, 9/28: — Half Day — Dismissal at 12:00 PM – Teacher Professional Development
- Thursday, 10/4: Blessing of the Pets 3:00 PM
- Friday, 10/5: — Half Day — Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Saturday, 10/6 – 10/7: Parish Fall Fiesta
- Sunday, 10/7: Eighth grade led Mass at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, 10/7: School Performance at Fall Fiesta 12:00 PM
- Monday, 10/8: — No School — Columbus Day