We had a very eventful week in first grade! This week we began using adjectives in our journal writing, learned the functions of parts of animals through hands-on exploration, and even met a firefighter. Everyone was enthralled by him and his equipment!
Lets take a look at what is coming up.
This week we will cover . . .
Religion: Jesus Works Among the People.
- The commutative property of addition and the equal sign.
- Development of addition fluency within 10.
Reading and Language Arts: “Gus Takes the Train”
- Target Skill: Story Structure
- Target Strategy: Analyze / Evaluate
- Spelling Words with Short /u/: up, bug, mud, nut, hug, tub
Social Studies: Moving to New Homes
- History Connection: Moving then and now.
Science: Parts of Animals
- Use materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants and/or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs.
Dates and Reminders:
- Friday, 9/28: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM- Teacher Professional Development
- Saturday, 10/6-10/7: Parish Fall Fiesta
- Sunday, 10/7: Eighth grade led Mass at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, 10/7: School Performance at Fall Fiesta 12:00 PM