We are continuing to learn so much in first grade! The highlights of our week include creating math stories, practicing the use of verbs through painting and writing, making a map of our classroom, and engineering a mailbox based on what we have learned from plants.
Homework folders will go home weekly, and will always include a language arts worksheet and the spelling words to practice with your child at home. Parents are encouraged to return homework folders each Friday.
This week we will cover . . .
Religion: Jesus Grew Up in a Family
- Addition word problems.
- Strategies for counting on.
- The commutative property of addition and the equal sign.
Reading and Language Arts: “Lucia’s Neighborhood”
- Target Skill: Text and Graphic Features
- Target Strategy: Question
Social Studies: Leaders and Rules/ Community
Science: Parts of Plants
- Use materials to design a solution to a human problem by mimicking how plants and/or animals use their external parts to help them survive, grow, and meet their needs.
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 9/18: School Picture Day
- Friday, 9/28: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM- Teacher Professional Development
- Saturday, 10/6-10/7: Parish Fall Fiesta
- Sunday, 10/7: Eighth grade led Mass at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, 10/7: School Performance at Fall Fiesta 12:00 PM