Thank you to all the families that came to back to school night! It was great to meet some new faces as well as see many of you again.
The children had a great first full week! Our days are full of learning, exploring and movement!
There is no school this Monday, 9/3, in observance of Labor Day.
If you use the drive through pick up line, the children must enter the car from behind the passenger seat and be able to buckle themselves into their own car seat/booster seat. You may not get out of your car at any time. This keeps the line moving. If your child is not able to buckle themselves in, please park on 13th Avenue and walk in to get them. Please be sure that anyone picking them up knows this rule.
The gates between the school and church remain locked during school hours, except on Wednesday mornings for Mass. Please enter the school through the front office.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: God Gives Us Light
- Math: Classifying objects that share visual, pattern, color or use. Classifying objects into 2 and 3 categories.
- Reading/Language Arts: The Bee-attitudes, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Becka and the Big Bubble, The Blue Balloon and Blueberries for Sal.
- Phonics: The letter “B” sound. Sight Words: be, a, an
- Social Studies: Responsibility and Being a Good Citizen
- Science: Animal Needs
Dates and Reminder:
- Monday, 9/3: No School: Labor Day
- Friday, 9/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, 9/12: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM- Teacher Professional Development
- Tuesday, 9/18: School Picture Day
- Friday, 9/28: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM- Teacher Professional Development