Thank you for all the great cards, flowers and treats for Teacher Appreciation Week! I feel loved and appreciate the kindness of each of my students and their families.
I hope all the wonderful Moms enjoy their Mother’s Day.
There are only four short weeks left of second grade! I can’t believe it has flown by and they will be moving onto third grade. Fly up day will be the last week of school, Monday, 6/4. They will get to spend a little time in the third grade classroom and will be able to ask some questions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: We Show Love and Respect
- Math: Finish Ch. 8- Place Value to 1000 and Start Ch. 9-Addition and Subtraction 3-digit Numbers
- Reading: Continue Mummies in the Morning
- Language Arts: Adverbs, Adjectives, Possessive Pronouns and More Antonyms
- Spelling/Phonics: Long Vowels a and i
- Social Studies: Continue Unit 4: People at Work: Producer/Consumer
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 2 Lesson 1: What happens when you mix matter?
- Ch. 8 Math Test: Tuesday, 5/15
- Spelling Test: Friday, 5/18
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 5/18
- Religion Test: Friday, 5/18
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 5/17: Team Day: Students may wear jeans with team shirts.
- Friday, 5/18: Gala Teacher Experience, 5-7 PM
- Monday, 5/28: No School: Memorial Day
- Friday, 6/1: Catholic Schools Night Padre Game 7:10 PM
- Monday, 6/4: Fly Up Day
- Wednesday, 6/6: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Thursday, 6/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12:00 PM
- Friday, 6/8: Last Day of School-Mass at 8:00 AM-Dismissal at 10:00 AM (No extension available)