Congratulations to all of my students! I am so proud of them! They are so blessed to have received Jesus in their First Holy Communion and will continue to receive God’s Blessings.
This week grades 1-8 are required to attend May Crowning. May Crowning will take place at 7:15 PM in the church on Thursday, 5/3/18. First Communicants will wear their First Communion attire for this event. This is a beautiful tradition at St. Mary School. Students will be expected to arrive by 6:45 PM. We will meet outside of our classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: We Go in Peace to Share God’s Love
- Math: Finish Ch. 7: Time and Money
- Reading: The Knight Before Dawn and The Mysterious Tadpole
- Language Arts: Contractions, and Multiple Meaning Words
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with oo, ew, ue and ou
- Social Studies: Continue Unit 4: People at Work: Producer/Consumer
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 1 Lesson 2-4: What can we find out about solids, liquids and gases?
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 5/4
- Spelling Test: Friday, 5/4
- Religion Test: Friday, 5/4
- Math Ch. 7 Test: Monday, 5/7
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 5/3: May Crowning: Mandatory for First Communicants in their First Communion attire-7:00 PM
- Monday, 4/30- Friday, 5/4: STAR Math Test
- Friday, 5/4: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM
- Thursday, 5/17: Team Day: Students may wear jeans with team shirts.
- Friday, 5/18: Gala Teacher Experience, 5-7 PM
- Monday, 5/21: Bookfair
- Monday, 5/28: No School: Memorial Day
- Friday, 6/1: Catholic Schools Night Padre Game 7:10 PM