We will be going to Reconciliation this week in preparation for their First Holy Communion. This will be held on Wednesday, 4/25, after Mass.
This week will be Spirit Week. Each day there is a theme for the students to dress up. A flyer went home last week in the family envelope. The theme for each day are:
Monday, 4/23: Class Color Day- 2nd Grade is Yellow. Students may wear yellow shirts with jeans.
Tuesday, 4/24: Crazy Hair Day
Wednesday, 4/25: Crazy Hat Day- Students may bring a hat to put on after Mass.
Thursday, 4/26: Disney Day- Students may wear items that are Disney themed.
Friday, 4/27: Pajama Day
First Holy Communion is next Saturday, 4/28, at 10:00 AM. The students must arrive no later than 8:15 AM. They must be dressed in their First Communion attire. They will be taking their studio photos with the photographer before Mass. I sent home a letter with First Communion information along with the Photographer’s package/price list today.
The week following First Communion the First Communicants are required to attend May Crowning. May Crowning will take place at 7:15 PM in the church on Thursday, 5/3/18. First Communicants will wear their First Communion attire for this event. This is a beautiful tradition at St. Mary School. Students will be expected to arrive by 6:45 PM. We will meet outside of our classroom.
First Communion Attire Reminder:
- Girls: An appropriate white dress, white tights and white dress shoes. Shoulders must be covered and shoes must be closed toe. A veil or flowers in their hair is optional. Gloves are optional as well, and must be removed before receiving the Eucharist. NO MAKE-UP.
- Boys: White dress shirt and an appropriate tie with dark dress slacks (navy or black). Dark socks and dark dress shoes. NO TENNIS SHOES. A suit is optional, not required.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preparation
- Math: Continue Ch. 7- Quarter Hour, Elapsed Time, Estimated Time and Calendar
- Reading: The Knight Before Dawn and From Seed to Plant
- Language Arts: More Irregular Action Verbs and Cause and Effect
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with au, aw, al and o
- Social Studies: Unit 4: People at Work: Producer/Consumer
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 1 Lesson 2-4: What can we find out about solids, liquids and gases?
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 4/27
- Spelling Test: Friday, 4/27
- Math Ch. 7 Test: Monday, 4/30
Dates and Reminders:
- Friday, 4/20: Mom Prom 6 PM-9 PM
- Monday, 4/23- Friday, 4/27: STAR Reading Test
- Saturday, 4/28: First Holy Communion: Arrive no later than 8:15 AM
- Tuesday, 5/3: May Crowning: Mandatory for First Communicants in their First Communion attire-7:00 PM
- Monday, 4/30- Friday, 5/4: STAR Math Test
- Friday, 5/4: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM
- Thursday, 5/17: Team Day: Students may wear jeans with team shirts.
- Friday, 5/18: Gala Teacher Experience, 5-7 PM