Thank you to the parents and grandparents that came and helped with our First Communion Retreat. The kids had a great time and are excited for their First Holy Communion in a couple of weeks.
Second Grade will be helping lead the school Mass tomorrow, Saturday, 4/14, at 5:30 PM. Please arrive no later than 5:15 PM. Will be sitting on the side near choir. Students must be wearing their Mass uniform.
First Communion is Saturday, 4/28, at 10:00 AM. The students must arrive no later than 8:15 AM. They must be dressed in their First Communion attire. They will be taking their studio photos with the photographer before Mass.
The week following First Communion the First Communicants are required to attend May Crowning. May Crowning will take place at 7:00 PM in the church on Thursday, 5/3/18. First Communicants will wear their First Communion attire for this event. This is a beautiful tradition at St. Mary School.
First Communion Attire Reminder:
- Girls: An appropriate white dress, white tights and white dress shoes. Shoulders must be covered and shoes must be closed toe. A veil or flowers in their hair is optional. Gloves are optional as well, and must be removed before receiving the Eucharist. NO MAKE-UP.
- Boys: White dress shirt and an appropriate tie with dark dress slacks (navy or black). Dark socks and dark dress shoes. NO TENNIS SHOES. A suit is optional, not required.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Finish First Holy Communion Book
- Math: Continue Ch. 7- Adding and Subtracting Money, One Dollar, and Time: Hour and Half Hour
- Reading: Half Chicken
- Language Arts: Irregular Action Verbs, Antonyms and Silent Consonants
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with Prefixes re-, un-, pre-, mis-, and over-
- Social Studies: Finish Unit 3: Ways of Living: Core Lesson 4-Holidays, and Start Unit 4: People at Work: Producer/Consumer
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 1 Lesson 2-4: What can we find out about solids, liquids and gases?
- Social Studies Unit 3 Lessons 3-4 Test: (rescheduled) Tuesday, 4/17
- Spelling Test: Friday, 4/20
Dates and Reminders:
- Saturday, 4/14: School Mass led by 2nd Grade
- Wednesday, 4/18: Half Day: 12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 4/19: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Friday, 4/20: Mom Prom 6 PM-9 PM
- Monday, 4/23- Friday, 4/27: STAR Reading Test
- Saturday, 4/28: First Holy Communion
- Tuesday, 5/3: May Crowning: Mandatory for First Communicants in their First Communion attire-7:00 PM
- Monday, 4/30- Friday, 5/4: STAR Math Test