I hope all of you had a blessed Easter and enjoyed the break with your families!
Our First Communion retreat is scheduled for Thursday, 4/12, 8:15 AM- 12:00 PM. Thank you to those that are able to volunteer that day.
Second Grade will be helping lead the school Mass this Saturday, 4/14, at 5:30 PM. Please let me know if your child will not be attending. I am giving each student that is willing to participate, a small part in the Mass.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Holy Communion Book
- Math: Continue Ch. 7- Equal Amounts, Comparing Money and Making Change
- Reading: The Goat in the Rug
- Language Arts: Irregular Verbs, Compound Words and Final syllables -tion and -ture
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with suffixes -ly and -ful
- Social Studies: Finish Unit 3: Ways of Living: Core Lesson 4-Holidays
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 1 Lesson 2-4: What can we find out about solids, liquids and gases?
- Social Studies Unit 3 Lessons 3-4 Test: Thursday, 4/12
- Spelling Test: Friday, 4/13
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 4/12: First Holy Communion Retreat
- Sunday, 4/14: School Mass led by 2nd Grade
- Wednesday, 4/18: Half Day: 12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 4/19: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Friday, 4/20: Mom Prom 6 PM-9 PM
- Monday, 4/23- Friday, 4/27: STAR Reading Test
- Saturday, 4/28: First Holy Communion
- Tuesday, 5/3: May Crowning: Mandatory for First Communicants in their First Communion attire-7:00 PM
- Monday, 4/30- Friday, 5/4: STAR Math Test