This week, Holy Week, will be a short week of school. We will have our regular school Mass on Wednesday, as well as the Washing of the Feet and Living Stations on Thursday. Please join us for the Washing of the Feet in the school hall at 9:15 AM and the Living Stations at 10:00 AM in the church. This is put together by our Middle School teachers and students from grades 5th through 8th.
I sent a letter home on Tuesday with reminders about the First Holy Communion dates that are approaching quickly. I would like to have parent volunteers to help with the First Holy Communion retreat on Thursday, 4/12. This is scheduled from 8:15 AM until lunch at 12:00 PM. Please let me know if you are available, for even a portion of the time.
If you would like to donate something, we are running low on Kleenex and could use some more.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Holy Communion Book
- Math: Continue Ch. 7- Equal Amounts, Comparing Money and Making Change
- Reading: The Easter Story
- Language Arts: Review Adjectives, homophones and Compare and Conrast
- Spelling/Phonics: Easter Words
- Social Studies: Finish Unit 3: Ways of Living: Core Lesson 3-America’s Symbols
- Science: Continue Unit C: Ch. 1 Lesson 1- Observing and Measuring Matter: What is Matter?
- Spelling Test: Thursday, 3/29
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 3/29: Holy Thursday: Washing of the feet and Live Stations of the Cross
- Friday, 3/30: Good Friday-No School
- Monday, 4/2-Friday, 4/6: Easter Break-No School
- Monday, 4/9: School Resumes
- Thursday, 4/12: First Holy Communion Retreat
- Sunday, 4/14: School Mass led by 2nd Grade
- Wednesday, 4/18: Half Day: 12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 4/19: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Friday, 4/20: Mom Prom 6 PM-9 PM
- Monday, 4/23- Friday, 4/27: STAR Reading Test
- Saturday, 4/28: First Holy Communion
- Tuesday, 5/3: May Crowning
- Monday, 4/30- Friday, 5/4: STAR Math Test