Thank you to all the students and families that participated in the Earth Day poster project. All the projects looked great!
Please join us at Mass this Sunday, 3/18, at 10:30 AM. The third grade class will be helping at Mass with readings and gifts along with choir singing.
I will continue holding a pretest every Monday for the spelling words introduced that week. If your child does not miss any words on the pretest, I will give them a challenge list of words for the week. The students that receive the challenge list will use those words for their spelling tic tac toe homework throughout the week.
If you would like to donate something, we are running low on Kleenex and could use some more.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Holy Communion Book
- Math: Begin Ch. 7- Money and Time
- Reading: Gloria Who Might Be My Best Friend
- Language Arts: Idioms, Words with endings -er and -est, and Using Adjectives
- Spelling/Phonics: Homophones
- Social Studies: Continue Unit 3: Ways of Living: Core Lesson 3-America’s Symbols
- Science: Unit C: Ch. 1 Lesson 1- Observing and Measuring Matter: What is Matter?
- Science:Earth Long Ago/Fossils Test: Monday, 3/19
- Spelling Test: Friday, 3/19
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 3/19
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 3/22: All School Reconciliation, Grades 2-8
- Friday, 3/23: Live Stations of the Cross
- Thursday, 3/29: Holy Thursday: Washing of the feet and Live Stations of the Cross
- Friday, 3/30: Good Friday-No School
- Monday, 4/2-Friday, 4/6: Easter Break-No School
- Monday, 4/9: School Resumes
- Thursday, 4/12: First Holy Communion Retreat
- Sunday, 4/14: School Mass led by 2nd Grade
- Wednesday, 4/18: Half Day: 12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 4/19: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Friday, 4/20: Mom Prom 6 PM-9 PM
- Monday, 4/23- Friday, 4/27: STAR Reading Test
- Saturday, 4/28: First Holy Communion
- Tuesday, 5/3: May Crowning
- Monday, 4/30- Friday, 5/4: STAR Math Test