Thank you to those that returned the Dinosaur Report choice paper. It was due on Thursday. If you have not done so, please return by Tuesday, 2/20. This week I will assign their dinosaur based on their top three choices. Once I have assigned their dinosaur, the report guidelines will be sent home.
Due to the short week, we will have our spelling and Journey’s language arts test on Wednesday, 2/21. Our spelling words and Anchor text are extended from last week.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue Lent Activities and Ch. 17-We Celebrate the Liturgy of the Word
- Math: Continue Ch. 5-Regroup Tens as Ones, Estimate Differences and Rewrite 2-digit Subtraction
- Reading: Continue My Name is Gabriela
- Language Arts: Continue The Verb Be, Suffixes -y and -ful, changing y to i
- Spelling/Phonics: Continue Long e sound for y
- Social Studies: Unit 3: Ways of Living: Core Lesson 1 and 2-Families/Ancestors and Sharing Cultures
- Science: Continue Earth Long Ago: Fossils
- Spelling Test: Wednesday, 2/21
- Language Arts Test: Wednesday, 2/21
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 2/19: No School-Presidents’ Day
- Friday, 2/23: Jump Rope for Heart
- Wednesday, 2/28: Half Day: 12 PM Dismissal
- Friday, 3/2: Half Day: 12 PM Dismissal
- Friday, 3/2: Stations of the Cross, 11:00 AM
- Friday, 3/9: Report Cards
- Friday, 3/9: Stations of the Cross, 1:45 PM
- Thursday, 3/15: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Friday, 3/16: No School-Student Holiday
- Sunday, 3/18: School Led Mass 10:30 AM
- Thursday, 3/22: All School Reconciliation, Grades 2-8