We have started reading the highly anticipated Flat Stanley! Your child colored their own Flat Stanley to send off for an adventure with a friend or family member. Check your child’s folder this week for more information on the Flat Stanley Project.
Catholic Schools week is January 28-Feb 3. Monday is Student Appreciation Day- St. Mary Principal for the Day, First Grade’s very own Miss O’Neal declared it a free dress day for our students 🙂
- Religion – Ch 17 The Church Welcomes New Members, focus on Catholic Schools Week
- Math – Chapter 4 Data and Graphs, tally charts and picture graphs
- Reading – Flat Stanley, informational text Animal Groups and the play Animal Picnic
- Spelling – phone, graph, phase, phonics, photo, dolphin, trophy, knife, knot, knee, knock, kneel, I, come, away
- Grammar – the verb be
- Social Studies- Everything Changes, Connecting past and present
- If you have not already done so, please remember to log into Gradelink, print your child’s progress report, sign and return it to school.
- Spelling pre-test on Monday 1/29.
- We will be celebrating the 100th day of school on Friday, February 2. It is also a noon dismissal day.