Progress reports due. Please log in to Gradelink and print your child’s grades. These will be due on Monday, 1/22. If you are unable to print, please email me to let me know you have logged in and checked their grades.
We have our field trip this Tuesday, 1/23. Please have your child wear a St. Mary uniform polo or team shirt with blue jeans. We will be leaving school immediately after the morning assembly. It is important to arrive on time. The Roynon Museum is located off of Grand Avenue, here in Escondido. We will be there from approximately 8:30-11:30. We will then head to a park to eat lunch and play. Please pack a lunch for your child. We plan on returning to school by 12:30 PM. The parent drivers/chaperones will be sent an email with the cost of their admission. Lisa Huelskamp will charge this through your FACTS account.
Spelling Homework Reminder:
Each week the spelling homework will be as follows: spelling tic-tac-toe choice on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. They use their spiral bound, Spelling Notebook, to complete their homework each night. Please keep the tic tac toe choice board stapled in the front of the notebook for the week. They need to complete 3 activities in a row, (horizontal, diagonal or vertical). Please be sure they are completing the activities to make tic tac toe. I will collect the spelling notebook on Thursday, but they need to bring it to school every day as I will stamp it for completion.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Ch. 10-We Follow God’s Laws
- Math: Continue Ch. 4: Continue Regrouping and Adding Three Addends
- Reading: Officer Buckle and Gloria
- Language Arts: The schwa Vowel Sound, Root Words and Abbreviations
- Spelling/Phonics: Compound Words
- Social Studies: Regions
- Science: Earth Long Ago: Fossils
- Math: Check Your Progress Ch. 4 Lessons 7-9, Tuesday, 1/23
- Social Studies Test: Wednesday, 1/24
- Spelling Test: Friday, 1/26
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 1/26
- Religion Test: Friday, 1/26
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 1/24: Half Day- 12 PM Dismissal
- Monday, 1/29- Friday, 2/2: Catholic Schools Week
- Friday, 2/2: Half Day- 12 PM Dismissal
- Tuesday, 2/13: Valentine’s Day Class Celebration
- Wednesday, 2/14: Ash Wednesday, Mass at 8:00AM
- Thursday, 2/15: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and spirit shirt
- Friday, 2/16: No School for Students