We have had a great first week back to school.
Reminder: No School on Monday, 1/15/18, in observance of MLK Jr. Day.
Spelling Homework Reminder:
Each week the spelling homework will be as follows: spelling tic-tac-toe choice on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. They use their spiral bound, Spelling Notebook, to complete their homework each night. Please keep the tic tac toe choice board stapled in the front of the notebook for the week. They need to complete 3 activities in a row, (horizontal, diagonal or vertical). Please be sure they are completing the activities to make tic tac toe. I will collect the spelling notebook on Thursday, but they need to bring it to school every day as I will stamp it for completion.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Ch. 9-God Gives Us Laws
- Math: Ch. 4: Estimating Sums, More Practice with Addition with Regrouping and Adding Three Addends
- Reading: Helen Keller
- Language Arts: Proper Nouns, Suffix -ly, Present and Future Verbs -s and -es, and Facts/Opinions
- Spelling/Phonics: Long o (o, oa and ow)
- Social Studies: Climate and Weather
- Science: Earth Long Ago: Fossils
- Spelling Test: Friday, 1/19
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 1/19
- Religion Test: Friday, 1/19
- Math Check Your Progress Lessons 7-9: Tuesday, 1/23
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 1/15: MLK Jr. Day-No School
- Tuesday, 1/16- Friday, 1/19: STAR Math Testing (2nd grade: 1/17/2018)
- Thursday, 1/18: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and spirit shirt
- Wednesday, 1/24: Half Day- 12 PM Dismissal
- Monday, 1/29- Friday, 2/2: Catholic Schools Week
- Friday, 2/2: Half Day- 12 PM Dismissal
- Tuesday, 2/13: Valentine’s Day Class Celebration
- Wednesday, 2/14: Ash Wednesday, Mass at 8:00AM
- Thursday, 2/15: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and spirit shirt
- Friday, 2/16: No School for Students