A look at next week:
Religion: Unit 2 The Commandments Help Us to Love God Review
Language Arts: Lesson 2.11
4th Grade Weekly Spelling Homework (The spelling words can be found by clicking on the Lesson 2.11 link above.)
Please memorize multiplication tables. Click here for a great practice sheet!
Social Studies: Chapter 4 Mexican California
- Describe the Mexican War for Independence in Baja and Alta California
- Explain the role of American and Russian traders in California
- Compare Mexican and Spanish rule in California
- Explain how Mexican independence changed life, land ownership, and boundaries
- Explain why Californians traded with U.S. ships
- Contrast life on a rancho with life on a peublo
- Explain role of U.S. trappers, traders, and pioneers in California and the routes by which they arrived
- Discuss the efforts of Pio Pico to stop American settlement
Important Due Dates for Mission Projects:
- 1/19/18 Written report due: This week we completed our rough drafts of our reports in class. Next week, we will type our reports. Please bring flash drive to school every day.
- 1/26/18 Mission project due
- 1/31/18 Mission presentations
- Please refer to the mission packet for more details on these assignments.
Science: Energy and Speed
- Relate the speed of an object to the energy of that object.
- Predict outcomes about the changes in energy that occur when objects collide.
1/15 Monday: No School
1/16 Tuesday: STAR Math Test
1/17 Wednesday: 8am Mass (Formal uniform required)
1/18 Thursday: Team Day, Social Studies Ch. 4 Test, P.E.
1/19 Friday: Religion Unit 2 Open Book Test, Mission Typed Report due, Spelling/L.A. 2.11 Tests