Welcome back! I hope you all feel refreshed and ready for the New Year!
Due to the short week upon our return, this update will be for next week as well.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: The Church Year
- Math: Ch. 4: Addition of Two Numbers without and with Regrouping
- Reading: Schools Around the World
- Language Arts: Review of Compound Sentences, Idioms, Syllables and Nouns and Proper Nouns
- Spelling/Phonics: Vowel Digraphs ee and ea
- Social Studies: Continue with Land and Water
- Science: Rocks and Soil
- Spelling Test: Friday, 1/12
- Language Arts Test: Friday, 1/12
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 1/4: School Resumes
- Friday, 1/5: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal
- Monday, 1/8-Friday, 1/12: STAR Reading Testing (2nd grade date TBD)
- Monday, 1/15: MLK Jr. Day-No School
- Tuesday, 1/16- Friday, 1/19: STAR Math Testing (2nd grade date TBD)
- Thursday, 1/18: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and spirit shirt
- Wednesday, 1/24: Half Day- 12 PM Dismissal
- Monday, 1/29- Friday, 2/2: Catholic Schools Week