First Reconciliation is scheduled this week during the All School Reconciliation (Grades 2-8), on Thursday, 12/14. This will take place right after the daily Mass at 8:45 AM. If you would like to come and watch from the pews, you are welcome to do so. The children will not be attending Mass that morning. Please continue to practice the Act of Contrition with your child. This must be memorized for their First Reconciliation. I will be re-testing them on Monday and Tuesday (12/11-12/12).
Please have your child bring in new or gently used unwrapped toys, until December 15th. Please no battery operated toys. This will be our third year donating toys through the YUGO Ministries to children in Tijuana. This is a great way for our students to participate in helping those in need.
Spelling Reminder: The students only complete one assignment each evening. The students will now complete a spelling tic tac toe choice board each week. They use the spiral bound notebook paper to complete their homework each night. Please keep the tic tac toe choice board stapled in the front of the notebook for the week. Each week the spelling homework is now going to be spelling tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row, (horizontal, diagonal or vertical). Please be sure they are completing the activities to make tic tac toe. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. I will collect the spelling notebook on Thursday, but they need to bring it to school everyday as I will stamp it for completion.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Reconciliation Preparation and Advent
- Math: Ch. 4: Addition of Two Numbers
- Reading: Finish Ah Music!
- Language Arts: Continue Compound Sentences and Idioms
- Spelling/Phonics: Advent/Christmas Words
- Social Studies: Continue with Land and Water
- Science: Rocks and Soil
- Spelling Test, Friday, 12/15
- Language Arts Test Unit 3.2-Ah Music!, Tuesday 12/12
Dates and Reminders:
- Saturday, 12/9: Escondido Christmas Parade
- Thursday, 12/14: First Reconciliation, 8:45 AM
- Wednesday, 12/20: Christmas Pageant 10 AM
- Wednesday, 12/20: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 12/21- Wednesday, 1/3: Christmas Break
- Thursday, 1/4: School Resumes
- Friday, 1/5: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal