I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and week off of school! I definitely enjoyed the time with my family.
Please continue to practice the Act of Contrition with your child. This must be memorized for their First Reconciliation. Their First Reconciliation is scheduled during an All School Reconciliation (Grades 2-8), on Thursday, 12/14. This will take place right after the daily Mass at 8:45 AM. The children will not be attending Mass that morning.
There has been a change in the spelling homework. The students will now complete a spelling tic tac toe choice board each week. They use the spiral bound notebook paper to complete their homework each night. Please keep the tic tac toe choice board stapled in the front of the notebook for the week. Each week the spelling homework is now going to be spelling tic-tac-toe. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they are able to choose 3 activities in a row, (horizontal, diagonal or vertical). Please be sure they are completing the activities to make tic tac toe. Thursday night will still be the spelling pre-test with parent initials. I will collect the spelling notebook on Thursday, but they need to bring it to school everyday as I will stamp it for completion.
Parent Teacher Conferences are next week. Monday through Wednesday will be half days, 12 PM dismissal. A sign up genius will be sent out soon. Please be sure to sign up.
The school will be collecting new and gently used unwrapped toys, until December 15th. Please no battery operated toys. This will be our third year donating toys through the YUGO Ministries to children in Tijuana. This is a great way for our students to participate in helping those in need.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Continue First Reconciliation Preparation
- Math: Ch. 3-Data and Graphs: Range, Mode and Median, Comparing and Understanding Date, and Circle Graphs
- Reading: Click Clack Moo
- Language Arts: Compound Sentences and Prefixes pre- and mis-
- Spelling/Phonics: Base Words with endings -s and -es
- Social Studies: Land and Water
- Science: The Water Cycle and Uses for Water
- Math, Check Your Progress Lessons 1-6, Wednesday 11/29
- Spelling Test, Friday, 12/1
- Language Arts Test, Monday, 12/4
Dates and Reminders:
- Friday, 12/1: Grandparents’ Day-Half Day-12 PM Dismissal
- Friday, 12/1: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal
- Monday, 12/4-Wednesday, 12/6: Parent Teacher Conferences-Half Days-12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 12/7: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and school team shirts
- Friday, 12/8: Mass for Immaculate Conception
- Thursday, 12/14: First Reconciliation, 8:45 AM
- Wednesday, 12/20: Christmas Pageant 10 AM
- Wednesday, 12/20: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal
- Thursday, 12/21- Wednesday, 1/3: Christmas Break
- Thursday, 1/4: School Resumes
- Friday, 1/5: Half Day-12 PM Dismissal