The children have been working hard on their saint reports and are getting excited! I am so proud of them and I know they are going to do a great job on Wednesday. Please continue to practice the saint report every night with your child. The copy I gave them should stay in their homework folder. They will need their costume made or purchased by 10/31/17. Wednesday is All Saints Day, 11/1/17. After mass on November 1st, the students will present their report from the altar dressed as their saint. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding costumes.
Last week was Red Ribbon Week and it was great to see all the students participate while learning to make healthy choices!
The Father/Daughter Dance was changed to Friday, November 3rd. It will be held at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Ticket Forms are due on or before 10/31.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saints Day Practice
- Math: – Ch. 2- Estimating, Round to the Nearest Ten and Odd and Even Numbers
- Reading: Super Storms and Weather Poems
- Language Arts: Verbs and Compound Words
- Spelling/Phonics: Consonant Digraphs th, sh, wh, ch, tch
- Social Studies: Land and Water
- Science: What Do my Bones and Muscles Do?
- Language Arts Test, Friday, 11/3
- Spelling Test, Friday, 11/3
- Math, Check Your Progress Lessons 8-12, Wednesday, 11/1
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 11/1: All Saints Day Pageant (Immediately following Mass)
- Saturday, 11/3: Father Daughter Dance 6 PM- 9 PM
- Thursday, 11/16: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt
- Monday, 11/20-Friday, 11/24: Thanksgiving Break-No School