Please continue to practice the saint report every night with your child. The copy I gave them should stay in their homework folder. They will need their costume made or purchased by 10/31/17. The day after Halloween is All Saints Day, 11/1/17. After mass on November 1st, the students will present their report from the altar dressed as their saint. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding their costume. We have a small selection of items here at school that you can borrow.
This week is Red Ribbon Week. A flyer went home yesterday in the student’s Friday Folder.
Monday: Hero out Drugs: Super Hero Attire
Tuesday: National Disabilities Awareness: Regular Uniform Attire-Jamba Juice Fundraiser (Pre-order was due Thurs. 10/19)
Wednesday: Shade Out Drugs: Mass Attire. Students may wear sunglasses after Mass.
Thursday: Tye Down Drugs: Tye dye clothing and accessories.
Friday: Red Day: Students may wear a red shirt with jeans.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saints Day Practice
- Math: – Ch. 2- Place Value of Two-Digit Numbers and Expanded Form
- Reading: The Ugly Vegetables
- Language Arts: Proper Nouns and Homophones
- Spelling/Phonics: Double Consonants and ck
- Social Studies: Continue Me on the Map
- Science: Continue People Grow and Change: How will I grow?
- Language Arts Test, Friday, 10/27
- Spelling Test, Friday, 10/27
- Math, Check Your Progress Lessons 1-7, Wednesday, 10/25
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday, 11/1: All Saints Day Pageant (Immediately following Mass)
- Saturday, 11/4: Father Daughter Dance 6 PM- 9 PM
- Thursday, 11/16: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt
- Monday, 11/20-Friday, 11/24: Thanksgiving Break-No School