The children have approximately two weeks to practice their report at home and here at school. I will send home a copy of the report next week so the children can practice every night. They will need their costume made or purchased by 10/31/17. The day after Halloween is All Saints Day, 11/1/17. After mass on November 1st, the children will present their report from the altar dressed as their saint.
Due to the two half days last week and the short week this week, we will continue the story in Reading and Language Arts. We will have our test this Thursday 10/19.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saints Day Practice
- Math: – Ch. 2-Place Value to 100 and Number Words 20-99
- Reading: Animals Building Homes and Whose Home is This?
- Language Arts: More Plural Nouns adding s, es and irregular, Base Words and Prefixes un- and re-
- Spelling/Phonics: Common Final Blends nd, ng, nk, nt, ft, xt and mp
- Social Studies: Me on the Map
- Science: Continue People Grow and Change: How will I grow?
- Language Arts Test, Thursday, 10/19
- Spelling Test, Thursday, 10/19
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday, 10/19: Team Day (Students may wear jeans and team shirt)
- Friday, 10/20: No School-Student Holiday
- Wednesday, 11/1: All Saints Day Pageant (Immediately following Mass)
- Saturday, 11/4: Father Daughter Dance 6 PM- 9 PM
- Thursday, 11/16: Team Day: Students may wear jeans and team shirt
- Monday, 11/20-Friday, 11/24: Thanksgiving Break-No School