This weekend, 10/7-10/8, is the annual parish Fall Fiesta. The Auxiliary Bishop will be co-celebrating mass at 10:30 AM. This is also a school mass with student readers and our choir. After mass, the students will be singing at the Fall Fiesta. Please have your child to the upper campus (middle school) Room 14, by 11:45 AM. Please check in to Room 14 on the upper campus (middle school) by 11:45 AM. You must check your child in and out of Room 14 with me. This is mandatory for all students. They will be singing at approximately 12 PM. Mr. Fishburne has asked second grade to be in a red or white shirt/sweatshirt with pants. This can be a uniform polo or another non-uniform shirt.
The All Saints Day written report on the large index card will be due Tuesday, 10/10/17. This will give the children approximately three weeks to practice at home and here at school. They will need their costume made or purchased by 10/31/17. The day after Halloween is All Saints Day, 11/1/17. After mass on November 1st, the children will present their report from the altar dressed as their saint.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: All Saints Day Reports Due 10/10 – Practice Reports
- Math: – Ch. 2-Place Value to 100 and Number Words 20-99
- Reading: Animals Building Homes and Whose Home is This?
- Language Arts: More Plural Nouns adding s, es and irregular, Base Words and Prefixes un- and re-
- Spelling/Phonics: Common Final Blends nd, ng, nk, nt, ft, xt and mp
- Social Studies: Finish Unit 1: Lessons 1-3-People and Places
- Science: Continue People Grow and Change: How will I grow?
- Math-Ch. 1 Test, (postponed until) Wednesday, 10/11
- Language Arts Test, Friday, 10/13
- Spelling Test, Friday, 10/13
Dates and Reminders:
- Friday, 10/6: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM
- Friday, 10/6: Spaghetti Dinner in Parish Hall
- Saturday, 10/7-Sunday 10/8: Fall Fiesta
- Sunday, 10/8: Mass at 10:30 AM
- Sunday, 10/8: Fall Fiesta Student Performance (approx. 12 PM)
- Monday, 10/9: No School-Columbus Day
- Thursday, 10/19: Team Day (Students may wear jeans and team shirt)
- Friday, 10/20: No School-Student Holiday
- Wednesday, 11/1: All Saints Day Pageant (Immediately following Mass)
- Saturday, 11/4: Father Daughter Dance 6 PM- 9 PM