Last week was very exciting in first grade – we learned about the 7 continents, the parts of a plant, and how to compare numbers!
Thank you to Mr. and Mrs. Warren who read Dinosaurs Love Underpants, which was a major crowd pleaser 🙂 Every child went home with their own Handasaurus craft, dinosaur mask, and dinosaur egg to hatch! It was an awesome Wednesday Mystery Reader!
- Religion – Chapter 4: Jesus Works Among the People
- Math – Problem solving strategies, additon
- Social Studies – Unit 2, Where We Live, begin Unit 3
- Science – Finish up Chapter 2: All About Plants
- Reading – Curious George at School
- Spelling – on, stop, fox, rob, cold, not, pop, look, box, shot
- Please help your child practice this word list in preparation for our spelling test on Friday 9-22.
Dates and Reminders:
- There are still open slots for our Wednesday Mystery Reader; you can sign up through this link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080b4fadaa2aa2f94-mystery . Thank you!