The students completed their first STAR Reading test of the year this past week. They will take the STAR Math test one day next week.
I sent home a form for the students to choose their saint for All Saints Day in the Friday Folder today. Please read the informational letter and send the bottom portion of the form in by Friday 9/22.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Ch. 3-We Celebrate God’s Love
- Math: – Ch. 1- Three and Four Addends and Subtraction Concepts
- Reading: Dogs and Helping Paws
- Language Arts: Sounds for C, Types of Sentences and Multiple Meaning Words
- Spelling/Phonics: Long Vowels a and i
- Social Studies: Living Together: Urban, Suburb and Rural
- Science: People Grow and Change: How will I grow?
- Math-Check Your Progress Lessons 6-10, Wednesday, 9/20
- Religion Test, Wednesday 9/20
- Social Studies Test-Ch. 1 Lessons 1-3,Thursday, 9/21
- Language Arts Test, Friday, 9/22
- Spelling Test, Friday, 9/22
Dates and Reminders:
- Monday, 9/18: STAR Math Testing- (9/18-9/22)
- Wednesday, 9/20: Mass at 8 AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Thursday, 9/21: Team Day: Students may wear blue jeans with team shirt
- Thursday, 9/21: Panda Express Dinner Night Out
- Friday, 9/22: Turn in Saint chosen for All Saints Day
- Wednesday, 9/27: Mass at 8 AM (wear formal uniforms)
- Friday, 9/29: Half Day: Dismissal at 12 PM