Hopefully everyone had a nice three day weekend. We had a good week in first grade and our class is nearing expert level on living and nonliving things – ask your child if they can sing their song!
On Tuesday, we got to enjoy some live music at the Band Assembly. First graders will have the opportunity to sign up for violin lessons. Keep an eye out for more information on this.
A big thank you to Mrs. Diaz for being our Mystery Reader this week. She read Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcakes. It was a huge hit and we all received a cupcake sticker and delicious cupcake treats as part of the story experience 🙂
What we will be covering next week week:
- Religion – Chapter 3: Jesus Grew Up in a Family
- Math – Count back, Before/between/after, Compare
- Social Studies – Unit 2, Where We Live
- Science – Chapter 2: All About Plants
- Reading – The Storm
- Spelling – as, jam, rat, sad, had, that, fast, my, two, black
Dates and Reminders:
- Please sign up for Wednesday Mystery Reader through the link provided in the email.