Hello! Welcome to the first grade page. I am so excited to have your child in class this year. Our first week has been a whirlwind of setting routines, reading, and getting to know one another and it has been an absolute joy!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion – Chapter 1: God is our Father
- Math – Chapter 1: working with numbers 0-12.
- Social Studies – Unit 1: People Everywhere
- Science – Chapter 1: Living and Nonliving Things
- Reading – What is a Pal?
- Language Arts – Main Idea and Summarizing
- Spelling – Short a sound, consonant m sound
- High Frequency words: am, I, to, like
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday 8/29: Back to School Night
- Monday 9/4: No school, Labor Day