We will start a “Charlotte’s Web” Novel Study this week. Students will be applying their fluency and comprehension skills as we read and discuss the book in class. Students may also be asked to read certain chapters at home as part of their nightly reading log. I’m so excited to share this classic story with the class!
This Tuesday we will take our STAR Math Test. Please be sure your child gets a good night’s rest and has a healthy breakfast before testing.
Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: Chapter 23
- Math: Time
- Reading: Charlotte’s Web; Character Analysis
- Language Arts: Words that Compare
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with the VCCV pattern
- Social Studies: Settlers in the West
- Science: Matter
Upcoming Tests and Due Dates:
- Tuesday, 5/9: STAR Math Test
- Thursday, 5/11: Chapter 8 (Time) Math Test
- Friday, 5/12: Spelling Test 6.26; Reading Quiz; Chapter 23 Religion Test
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 5/9: P.E.
- Wednesday, 5/10: Mass at 8am; Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Thursday, 5/11: May Crowning at 7:15pm
- Friday, 5/12: Rosary at 2:15pm
“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7