This Wednesday, May 3rd, we will have our STAR Reading Test. Please be sure your child gets a good night’s rest and has a healthy breakfast before testing. Our STAR Math Test will be next Tuesday, May 9th.
May Crowning is this Thursday at 7:15pm. Students should meet in front of our classroom by 6:45pm, dressed in Sunday best attire. Attendance is mandatory for students, and they will receive a religion grade for their attendance. (Choir members will follow Mrs. Massey’s instructions.)
Finally, Third Grade will be going to LEGOLAND for our final field trip of the school year! Information and permission slips will be sent home on Monday (5/1) and are due Thursday (5/4.)
Thank you for your continued support!
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: May Crowning and beginning Chapter 23
- Math: Time
- Reading: “Mountains”; Text and Graphic Features
- Language Arts: Words that Compare
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with -less and -ness
- Social Studies: Settlers in the West
- Science: Matter
Upcoming Tests and Due Dates:
- Wednesday, 5/3: STAR Reading Test
- Thursday, 5/4: Field Trip Permission Slips due
- Friday, 5/5: Spelling Test 5.25; Reading Test 5.25
Dates and Reminders:
- Tuesday, 5/2: P.E.
- Wednesday, 5/3: Mass at 8am; Dismissal at 2:30pm
- Thursday, 5/4: May Crowning at 7:15pm
- Friday, 5/5: Dismissal at 12pm
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” -2 Corinthians 5:17