I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter and time off of school. I hope all the students feel refreshed and are ready to finish the year off strong!
First Communion is this Saturday, April 29th, at 10 AM! The students need to be here no later than 8:15 AM. Please report to the classroom, as the photographer will be starting the studio photos at this time. I will be sending home materials for a First Communion Banner that will be due Friday. Directions and materials will be sent home Tuesday.
Reminder of the appropriate attire guidelines:
- Girls: An appropriate white dress, white tights or white socks and white dress shoes. Shoulders must be covered and shoes must be closed toe. NO spaghetti straps or sleeveless dresses. If the dress is sleeveless, a sweater must be worn. A veil or flowers in their hair is optional. Gloves are optional as well, and must be removed before receiving the Eucharist. NO MAKE-UP.
- Boys: White long sleeve dress shirt and an appropriate tie, solid blue, black or white tie, with dark dress slacks (navy or black). Dark socks and dark dress shoes. NO TENNIS SHOES. A navy blue or black suit is optional, not required.
Prayer books and rosaries are optional for pictures only and may not be used during communion.
We continue taking the 1-minute timed math fact tests daily, please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at .
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 7-Money and Time
- Reading: The Goat in the Rug
- Language Arts: Irregular Verbs, Compound Words and Final Syllables -tion and -ture
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with Suffixes -y, -ly and -ful
- Social Studies: America’s Past
- Science: Observing and Measuring Matter
- Math: Ch. 7 Check Your Progress Lessons 1-3, Wednesday 4/26
- Spelling Test, Friday 4/28
- Language Arts Test, Friday 4/28
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday 4/26: Used Uniform Sale 2:30-5:00 PM
- Thursday 4/27: Dinner Night Out Fundraiser: Panda Express
- Thursday 4/27: Team Day-Students may wear jeans and team shirt.
- Saturday 4/29: First Holy Communion-Arrive at 8:15 AM-Mass begins at 10 AM
- Thursday 5/4: May Crowning at 7:15 PM