Please join us for Live Stations of the Cross, acted out by 4th-8th grade students this Thursday, 4/13. It will begin in the hall at 9 AM and then move down to the church.
First Communion is fast approaching! We only have a couple more weeks and I have been receiving emails about appropriate attire. Here is the appropriate attire guidelines:
- Girls: An appropriate white dress, white tights or white socks and white dress shoes. Shoulders must be covered and shoes must be closed toe. NO spaghetti straps or sleeveless dresses. If the dress is sleeveless, a sweater must be worn. A veil or flowers in their hair is optional. Gloves are optional as well, and must be removed before receiving the Eucharist. NO MAKE-UP.
- Boys: White long sleeve dress shirt and an appropriate tie, solid blue, black or white tie, with dark dress slacks (navy or black). Dark socks and dark dress shoes. NO TENNIS SHOES. A navy blue or black suit is optional, not required.
Prayer books and rosaries are optional for pictures only and may not be used during communion.
First Communion is Saturday, April 29th, at 10 AM.
I hope everyone has a blessed Easter and a great week off of school.
We continue taking the 1-minute timed math fact tests daily, please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 6-Geometry: Test was postponed until this week/Start Ch. 7-Money and Time
- Reading: The Knight at Dawn
- Language Arts: Review week-Idioms,Homophones,Nouns and Adjectives
- Spelling/Phonics: Easter Spelling List
- Social Studies: National Holidays and America’s Past
- Science: Observing and Measuring Matter
- Math: Ch. 6 Test, Wednesday 4/12
- Spelling Test, Thursday 4/13
Dates and Reminders:
- Thursday 4/13: Living Stations of the Cross
- Thursday 4/13: Half Day-Dismissal at 12 PM- No Extension
- Friday 4/14: Good Friday-No School
- Monday 4/24: Resume School after Easter Break