I am beyond proud of the entire class and how well they did leading the mass last Sunday! I have heard nothing but great compliments from the school and parish community. Thank you to all the parents that practiced with their child and joined us during the Sunday evening mass.
Now that the students have turned in their Dinosaur Report, they now have a chance to share what they have learned with the class. We started this week and will continue until everyone has had a chance to share.
Next Wednesday, 4/5, there will be an all school Reconciliation (grades 2-8) after mass. Please have your child practice the Act of Contrition. It has been a couple of months since their First Reconciliation. The Act of Contrition can be found on the inside cover of their student planner.
We continue taking the 1-minute timed math fact tests daily, please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 6-Geometry: Ways to Make Figures and Ordered Pairs
- Reading: Gloria, Who Might Be My Best Friend
- Language Arts: Continue Adjectives, Idioms, Homophones, Word Endings -er and -est
- Spelling/Phonics: Homophones
- Social Studies: Finish: National Holidays/ Start New Unit: America’s Past
- Science: Dinosaur Project: Continue presenting to class throughout the week/Start New Unit: Observing and Measuring Matter
- Social Studies Unit Test, Wednesday 4/5
- Math: Check Your Progress Ch. 6 Lessons 10-15, Thursday 4/6
- Math: Ch. 6 Test, Friday 4/7
- Language Arts Test, Friday 4/7
- Spelling Test, Friday 4/7
Dates and Reminders:
- Wednesday 4/5: All School Reconciliation
- Friday 4/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12PM
- Thursday 4/13: Living Stations of the Cross
- Friday 4/14: Good Friday-No School
- Monday 4/24: Resume School after Easter Break