Our class in leading the school-led mass this Sunday, March 26th at 5:30 PM. We will meet in the church no later than 5:15 PM. Please have your child in their Mass uniform (white polo shirt). All of the students will be participating in the mass readings and bringing up the gifts. If you are unable to make it, please be sure to email me as I will need a replacement for your child. We hope to see all of our second grade families there.
I hope all the students are enjoying learning about the dinosaur they chose. The Dinosaur Report Fact Sheet will be due this Monday, 3/27.
We continue taking the 1-minute timed math fact tests daily, please continue to practice math facts every night with your child. Flashcards are a great tool for memorizing them.
What we will be covering this week:
- Religion: First Holy Communion Preperation
- Math: Ch. 6-Geometry: Lines of Symmetry, Slides, Flips and Turns
- Reading: Penguin Chick
- Language Arts: Adjectives and Dictionatry Skills, Words with -ir and -ur
- Spelling/Phonics: Words with -er
- Social Studies: America’s Symbols and National Holidays
- Science: Dinosaur Project Due 3/27- Present to class throughout the week.
- Math: Check Your Progress Ch. 6 Lessons 6-9, Wednesday 3/29
- Language Arts Test, Friday 3/31
- Spelling Test, Friday 3/31
Dates and Reminders:
- Sunday 3/26: School-led Mass at 5:30pm-Led by 2nd Grade
- Monday 3/27: Dinosaur Report Fact Sheet Due
- Friday 4/7: Half Day: Dismissal at 12PM
- Thursday 4/13: Living Stations of the Cross
- Friday 4/14: Good Friday-No School
- Monday 4/24: Resume School after Easter Break